Are you looking for a new school or do you need to switch schools? United Friends School (UFS) is a preschool through eighth grade coeducational, independent Quaker day school in Quakertown, Pennsylvania. Established in 1983, UFS serves and buses students in the Upper Bucks and Lehigh Valley regions.
UFS has a progressive, exciting academic program with the highest educational standards. We assess students’ achievements in authentic ways, without using standardized tests, and offer extracurricular programs from sports to art, music, Spanish, summer camps and more. Notably, UFS’ open-minded, loving, family-centered approach honors students of all cultures, backgrounds, and beliefs. We care for our local community and inspire students to social action, working within the foundations of democracy. To apply or schedule a private tour, visit our Admissions page.
- UFS offers Flexible Tuition to help families afford tuition. Over 30% of our students participate in the Flexible Tuition Program. Visit our Admissions page for more information.
- We assess students’ achievements in authentic ways, without using standardized tests. “Report cards” at UFS are customized, personalized, detailed, narrative reports for each student.
- Peer teaching and mixed age groupings are valued practices at United Friends School and integrated throughout a developmentally-appropriate curriculum to allow students to find their inner strengths as part of a community of learners.
- Our high educational standards are bolstered by strong teacher-student relationships. For 2015-16, UFS had 110 students (62 boys and 48 girls) with 22 faculty members and 6 administrative staff.
- We help students create, maintain, and restore social relationships and foster a sense of social responsibility and shared accountability through Quaker conflict resolution practices.
- Our stellar academics and Quaker practice enable UFS alumni to go on to attend the finest institutions, fulfill their life’s missions and engage positively in our global community.
- Our class sizes with 16-18 students serve to maximize children’s gifts and meet their unique needs.
- Tuition for the 2016-17 school year range from $5,500.00 -$15,125.00.
Where do our graduates go?
Half of UFS graduates attend the following independent high schools while the remaining half attend their local public schools, where 80% of our students are placed in honors and AP classes.
- Abington Friends School
- Christopher Dock
- Dublin School of New Hampshire
- George School
- The Hill School
- La Salle College High School
- LV High School for the Performing Arts
- Moravian Academy
- Peddie School
- The Perkiomen School
- Solebury School
- Tinicum Arts and Science School
- West Nottingham Academy
Our enrichment classes at UFS are integrated into the curriculum and are important learning tool for your child’s educational growth. Enrichment classes include:
- The Arts
- Physical Education