- emergent, project-based curriculum
- classroom are play-based and child-centered with an emphasis on social and emotional growth and development
- Kindergarten through fifth grade.
- Small in-person and virtual mixed-grade classes allow younger learners to reach and be challenged and older learners to gain and practice leadership skills.
- middle school (6th-8th grades)
- Our students have competed in the regional MathCounts competition as well as the Stock Market Challenge and are members of the UFS Environmental Committee
“Great school, my kids attended for 6 years and they have a wonderful, caring foundation because of the school...”Kelly Burland
“I absolutely love UFS! Over the past 3 years, my family’s experience has exceeded our expectations. The staff is caring and creates an authentic loving, safe environment and empowering culture for learning, not only for the students but for the community of parents that we now consider friends...”Aarin Rumsey
“I can’t recommend this school highly enough! My nephews have attended for years and are thriving in this environment. Great teachers, engaged administrators, and an incredible community thank you!”Debbie Yoder
“My two boys have been at the school since they were 3 (currently 8 and 10) and would could not be more pleased with their education and who they are becoming. I am constantly amazed at how articulate, confident and kind they are. They have learned to speak up for themselves and just as importantly, to speak up for their friends. I have found a real home at UFS and am thankful for the guidance and insight they are always willing to provide.”Natalie Marasco
“...My children are grown and I still see the benefits of our investment in sending them to UFS. They are proactive members of society with good listening and communication skills and an educational foundation that spurred them on to higher levels of learning.”Marie Branson Knapp
“I am so happy my daughter can attend a school that focuses its curriculum on the Quaker principles. The teachers are attentive and responsive. The facilities are nurturing.”Colleen Lutz Clemens
“Our experience with the UFS community has been positive and welcoming since the very beginning of the enrollment process. The quality of the education our child receives at UFS is excellent - we especially appreciate the focus on environmental responsibility, social justice, and equality in the school's curricula. Our child is valued and respected as an individual, and the environment of UFS has allowed her to thrive both academically and socially.”Sean Dobson